West Virginia LibShare is a library consortium in North Central West Virginia featuring the Marion County Public Library System, Bridgeport Public Library, and the Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library.
- What is a Library Consortium?
- A library consortium is a group of libraries who partner to combine resources, share expertise, and broaden the amount of materials available to their patrons.
- Do I need a library card for each library?
- No! You just need one card. You can use your MCPLS library card at the Bridgeport Public Library and Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library, and vice versa.
- Can I pick up books from other member libraries at my preferred library?
- Absolutely! You can place items on hold from any of the libraries in our consortium, and pick them up wherever is most convenient to you (including the White Hall Express!)
- How often do you pick up holds from the other libraries in the consortium?
- We have staff members who travel to all of the libraries in our consortium on Tuesdays and Fridays, unless we are closed for a holiday or inclement weather. We recommend placing your hold at least a day in advance to ensure it arrives on the designated day.
- How do you place a hold on a book from the Bridgeport Public Library or Clarksburg-Harrison Public Library?
- A big part of our consortium is that we share an online catalog, so you can place a hold the same way you would with a title available at MCPLS! For more information about placing holds, please click here.
- What is my pin number?
- Your pin number is typically the last 4 digits of your library card number
- How do I get a library card?
- You can use a library card from any of our member libraries interchangeably, so stop by one of our locations or download the Marion County Public Library app on the Google Play Store or Apple Store! For more information about getting a MCPLS library card, please click here.
If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, please let us know by using the “chat with us” pop up window, or by visiting mcpls.libanswers.com!