The Marion County Public Library System is offering a homebound program.
- Patron has difficulties leaving home – such as age or disability
- Patron is confined to home for medical reasons. Exception: If the patron or a member of their household is awaiting test results for COVID-19 or is sick with COVID-19, MCPLS will not pick up any materials from the patron’s home until the patron/household member is negative for COVID-19.
- Patrons does not have transportation to a library branch and lives more than one mile from a library branch.
- Must be a Marion County Citizen
Please note: The library requests that homebound applicants are limited to those completely unable to leave their homes due to age, disability, or illness. We have limited time slots available and want to be sure that our resources are allocated to patrons who have no other method of accessing our library’s services and materials. For questions about eligibility requirements, please contact our Outreach Services Manager, Eva Bragonje, at 304-366-1210 ext. 129 or email@example.com.
Click here to ask us a question!
Hours of Operation (by appointment):
- Timeslots Available Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am-4pm
- Service is limited to bi-weekly visits to a particular patron
Number of items to be delivered/selection:
- Patrons may place holds on items on the online catalog up to 24 hours before their scheduled appointment. They may place as many holds as allowed under current library policy.
- Patrons may also ask library staff to select items for them. In order to select titles that the you have not already read or viewed, it is helpful to turn on the “Loan History” setting for their account (we can help with that!).
- The type of materials that the patron may borrow and the lending periods are the same as set forth in the library automation system for the particular patron type.
- If you are interested in applying for homebound services for yourself or on behalf of a family member/friend, please fill out the form below, or contact Outreach Services Manager – Eva Bragonje at 304-366-1210 ext. 129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After completing the form, our Outreach Services dept. will contact you to gather detailed information and confirm eligibility for our program. We will then proceed with scheduling your first delivery!