The Marion County Public Library System is seeking an energetic and innovative leader to serve as the Library Director in Fairmont, WV. This position is a great opportunity for a visionary leader in current and future library services and trends who can develop and implement programs by encouraging creative thinking. The Library Director will lead a talented and enthusiastic team of 40 part-time and full-time staff members who are committed to creating a thriving library system throughout the county. The Library Director supports the values, vision, and mission of the Board of Trustees through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer service. The Library Director will be responsible for cultivating a strong partnership with local officials, community representatives, and businesses. The Library Director will prepare annual budgets and monthly financial reports for overall operations and maintain the fiscal health of the library system’s finances.
The Marion County Public Library System is one of the largest library systems in the state, with three branches, two bookmobiles, and several outreach locations, including a 24/7 vending kiosk. The library system supports a population of over 56,000 in North Central West Virginia, and is a member of several resource and information sharing consortiums. The county is home to one of the largest universities in the state, home to the I-79 High Technology Corridor, with a growing commercial district, and within minutes of WVU in Morgantown and CJIS in Clarksburg.
- ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science degree
- Strong budgeting and financial management experience
- Three years of public library experience required; five years preferred
- Three years of management/supervisory experience required; five years preferred
- Advanced public library programming experience
- Proficient technical skills, including a familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Suite, and knowledge of various technologies
- Strong skills in current library technologies, including automation, statistical analysis, digital lending, and digital services
- Preferred consortia experience
Salary Range: Starting at $45,000 – $52,000. Benefits include medical coverage, life insurance, vision & critical illness supplemental program, retirement, and generous paid time off leave. Relocation assistance could be provided.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume and references to Kerry Trahan at email@example.com. Or you may mail your submission to: Marion County Public Library System, 321 Monroe Street, Fairmont, WV 26554
Marion County is comprised of communities who love their local libraries and a passionate staff who is committed to improving the lives of our citizens. We welcome candidates that share their professional insights and effect positive change in library services.